The three research institutes of Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences stand for scientific excellence in applied research and development. They illustrate our self-image: excellent research and development is our central task.
Institut Industrial IT (inIT): „IT meets automation“
InIT has a leading position in the field of industrial information technology. With
- 3 million euros third-party funding per year,
- more than 50 scientific publications yearly,
- more than 25 final theses per year and
- more than 60 scientific assistants
InIT is the strongest institute of OWL UAS for application-oriented research. The university in Lemgo plays a central role in automation technology. The Lemgo Smart Factory, integrated in the CENTRUM INDUSTRIAL IT (CIIT), has a research and demonstration platform for the factory of the future. It makes the scientific research more tangible.
Institute for Food Technologies.NRW: „Food is our passion”
The ILT.NRW is North Rhine-Westphalia’s first research institute in the food sector. Food, food safety and the quality of food with a variety of aspects is the focus of the research activity. Requirements for a successful transfer from applied research in the food industry are excellent contacts and a close cooperation with industrial partners. With
- a third-party volume of 700,000 euros and
- eight research and food oriented professors from the department of Life Science Technologies
the institute is well anchored in the national and international expert community.