OWL UAS plays a major part in the regional and national innovation landscape with international appeal. It is one of Germany’s strongest universities of applied sciences in the area of research.
An overview of the main facts and figures:
- 2 profile areas in 2 institutes (inIT und ILT.NRW),
- 8 scientist groups and research focal points across North Rhine-Westphalia,
- 171 professorships in nine university departments with 18 % female professors,
- over 180 scientific assistants in third-party funded projects,
- 7.8 million euros third-party volume for the budget year 2013,
- 45,000 euros third-party funding per professorship (average),
- currently more than 70 publicly subsidized research projects with industry partners and partners in the service- and research sectors with national and international funding programs.