Please contact the International Office of OWL UAS for your application.
Some degree programs at OWL UAS have restricted admissions (NC degree programmes). Moreover, for some degree programmes places are awarded by the university in collaboration with the German Central Office for University Admissions (ZVS).
Applications for these degree programs must be sent to the ZVS; they may also be submitted to OWL UAS, in order to take part in a draw for any places that may still be vacant on these degree programs. However, only candidates who meet the general and special admissions requirements can enrol in degrees at OWL UAS.
I. General admissions requirements
The general admissions requirement for Bachelor programs at OWL UAS is met by proving one of the following qualifications (special rules apply for the supplementary program Property Management Studies and all Master programmes):
- Certificate of entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife) from a technical college;
- Any other certificate of entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife) gained in the federal state of NRW (academic and practical part);
- A' levels (Abitur) or any other certificate giving the holder unrestricted eligibility to study at universities in NRW;
- Leaving certificate from a two-year vocational school of vocational college and successfully completed vocational training or a six-month guided work placement;
- The academic part of the entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife), acquired or duly approved in the federal state of NRW, (e.g. sixth form at grammar school) and successfully completed vocational training or a one-year guided work placement;
- A certificate that has been approved by the Ministry of Education and Further Education as being equivalent to the entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife) for NRW.
Important: Only practical work performed within a trainee contract in accordance with training regulations and for which an appropriate certificate from the responsible authorities (responsible chamber or district government) can be presented is recognised as a guided work placement. Applicants who do not have an entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife) may, under certain circumstances, be able to gain special access via the admission examination.
- master craftsmen and women within the meaning of the Vocational Training Act (Berufsausbildungsgesetz) and the Crafts and Trade Code (Handwerksordnung),
- certified specialists (Fachwirtin, Fachwirt) and specialised buyers (Fachkauffrau, Fachkaufmann)
- graduates of two-year technical colleges
can be admitted to degree programs related to their specialist field (master craftsmen and women can also be admitted to the Economics degree program).
For further information, please contact the Admissions Office of the Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe - University of Applied Sciences, Liebigstraße 87, 32657 Lemgo or immatrikulationsamt(at)hs-owl.de
II. Special admissions requirements
A special admissions requirement for undergraduate degree programs at OWL UAS is proof of having carried out a work placement related to the chosen field of study. For most degree programs, the work placement must be 16 weeks, eight weeks of which should usually have been completed prior to studying.
Instead of a work placement, applicants may prove that they have undertaken relevant work while training at technical college. Other relevant practical work experience can also be credited to the work placement.
For further information on the content and duration of work placements, as well as substitution options, please contact the Admissions Office of Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe - University of Applied Sciences, Liebigstraße 87, 32657 Lemgo. Pamphlets for each degree program, obtainable by post, also contain information on work placements.
Special admissions requirements are valid for international applicants, who are advised to contact the International Office of OWL UAS.