- –The Department+
- –Study Programs
- –B.Sc. Elektrotechnik+
- –B.Sc. Elektrotechnik – Lehramt+
- –B.Sc. Elektrotechnik – Fernstudium+
- –B.Sc. Technische Informatik+
- –B.Sc. Medizin- und Gesundheitstechnologie+
- B.Sc. Mechatronik
- –M.Sc. Elektrotechnik+
- –M.Sc. Mechatronische Systeme+
- –M.Sc. Information Technology+
- Dual Study
- –Information & Publications+
- –Before the Study+
- –About the Study
- Offers for Students
- Stays abroad
- OWL Racing-Team
- Job Vacancies for Student Assistants and Graduate Assistants
- Student Counselling
- –Surroundings & Leisure Facilities+
- –After Study+
- –Research & Development+
Since 2003 we have had students from 27 nations: Austria, Canada, China, Columbia, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, India, Iran, Jordan, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine and Venezuela.
Aims and Objectives
Why Information Technology?
As technical systems are becoming more and more complex and at the same time increasingly important to society, there is a growing demand for well-educated engineers and computer scientists. The mission of our Master's program Information Technology is to provide the industrial perspective on IT in the fields of
- distributed real-time systems,
- software engineering for embedded systems,
- wireless and wired real-time communication systems,
- IT security in embedded systems,
- real-time image processing and sensor fusion,
- modern control approaches and
- industrial development processes and strategies.
Our central vision is an internet for smart machines on which real-time information is permanently available in sufficient quality at all levels of automation systems.
Join us - become an expert!
What can you expect from our program?
Our Master's program Information Technology is the right choice for students who wish to
- explore state-of-the-art and future technologies,
- acquire skills for developing advanced products and systems in the area of industrial information and communication technology,
- gain and explore theoretical and analytical competences for scientific work,
- be able to handle system-oriented analytical methods and tools,
- develop interdisciplinary thinking, team orientation and presentation skills,
- understand globally operating companies,
- work towards a Ph.D., if desired
The program offers excellent opportunities to
- gain hands-on experiences by participating in research projects,
- profit from excellent social student support services,
- get in contact with local enterprises,
- benefit from industrial scholarships,
- have life-enhancing experiences in a global alumni network,
- study in a small group; only 30 students are accepted,
- study abroad at one of our partner universities in Sweden, Turkey or Serbia (optional),
- benefit from the expertise and the special strengths of the involved universities,
- study in an international and intercultural environment.
What are our special strengths?
- an outstanding student support service,
- a choice between full-time and part-time study,
- the internationally acclaimed research institute InIT,
- partnerships with market-leading companies,
- excellent technical equipment,
- a high number of graduates working in a Ph.D. program,
- opportunities to spend terms abroad at our partner universities.
The scientific core of this Master's program are our research institutes 'Industrial IT - inIT' and 'Fraunhofer IOSB-INA' in Lemgo. Approx. 100 members carry out research in the fields of industrial informatics and industrial automation. Both institutes are situated within one of the most important clusters of machine engineering and industrial electronics in Germany.
Due to the strong integration of scientific research into this Master's program, students can profit from interesting and challenging subjects for student jobs and the thesis.
Both institutes are located in the modern facilities of the science-to-business center CIIT. CIIT is a principal research member of the German leading-edge cluster 'Intelligent Technical Systems – it's OWL'.